Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Time to Roll Up Those Sleeves!!

Mr. Goodbits and I are taking on quite a renovation project at Mr. Goodbits' fathers home. The main living areas have seen better days, and as his father is a soon-to-be 86 year old bachelor, his home is in need of some intervention. Over the next several days there will be "demo", resurfacing of walls and floors, and lots and lots of patching and painting. I'm in need of a good long soak just thinking about it!

Thank goodness I have my trusty copy of the Better Homes and Gardens Handyman's Book. Well worn and loved throughout the years, this little guide has convinced me I am capable of fixing everything from leaky plumbing to faulty wiring with little more than a miter box, T-square, pliers, and gumption.

As an added bonus, I just love the cover art. I'm not sure why the man on the cover is using a blood pressure monitor on a plank of wood, but between his rippling muscle, smug air of self satisfaction, and ability to smoke a pipe while woodworking, I am ready to get in line to start some serious swooning.

No comments:

Post a Comment